(Updated March 15, 2021)
Travel Guidance: What You Should Know
As members of the Hotwire family, your peace of mind before, during, and after a trip is immensely important to us. We know travelers around the world have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), and since you might have a trip already booked or may be looking for more information, we want to provide you with helpful guidance and information about COVID-19 travel restrictions, so making an informed decision is that much easier.
To ensure the greatest flexibility for your upcoming trip, try booking a Hot Rate® deal closer to your departure date. This will allow for added flexibility and deeper savings. It’s how our Hot Rates work best!
The Hotwire team will routinely update this page making travel as worry-free as possible.
Staying informed about local travel restrictions
Our Expedia* family has created a helpful tool to get specific travel restrictions by country and state. Before traveling, check both your departure and destination city.
*Expedia is the parent company of Hotwire.
Can I change or cancel my reservation due to COVID-19?
Cancellation and change policies vary depending on the type of deal you purchased. We first suggest referencing the booking rules of your reservation listed on your email. Please note that since our Hot Rate® deals are so deeply discounted, they are nonrefundable.
Support with your current reservations:
If you have questions about your reservation, please message or call us directly. You can message us through the Hotwire App or from Hotwire.com.
For Hot Rate® hotels and all car rentals (itineraries starting with a 3, 4, 5 or 6), please call 1-866-468-9473.
For Flights, Standard Rate hotels, or packages (itineraries starting with 1 or 7), please call 1-866-394-2015.
We’ve assembled several tips to keep in mind during the planning process:
- Do your research, particularly around travel advisories and restrictions for certain origins and destinations which may include, among other things, on-arrival quarantine, preclusions on non-essential travel, requirements or changes in visa-approval protocols.
- Try booking a Hot Rate® deal closer to your departure date. This will allow for added flexibility and deeper savings.
- If you have travel insurance, make sure you’re informed about what it covers.
- Ensure that activities and attractions you want to visit are open and plan for any restrictions.
- Consider staying close to home and exploring drivable destinations.
- Pack Personal Protective Equipment for your trip including a mask and sanitizer.
- Learn about new and updated cleanliness and safety measures being taken by our partners and suppliers.
Hotel cleaning & safety practices
Many of our hotel partners have provided a list of enhanced cleaning and safety practices they’ve implemented in response to COVID-19. You can now find out what these protocols entail, and which partners have implemented them. Learn more here.
- For a list of frequently asked questions from the Hotwire Help Center or to learn more about our standard cancellation policies, click here
- To find out more about Coronavirus (COVID-19), including how to protect yourself against getting sick and what the symptoms are, we recommend visiting the World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
How can I stay informed about COVID-19?
It’s important to stay up to date with accurate information. Consult trusted sources, especially government websites, such as: