Hotwire Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star San Diego resort in Mission Valley
Popular property highlights
Where You'll Stay
Book a room at Town and Country San Diego and you'll be right in Mission Valley within 3 miles of popular sights like University of San Diego and San Diego Zoo. This business-friendly resort is also close to Balboa Park and Old Town San Diego State Park. For added convenience, Fashion Valley Transit Center Station is 0.4 mi away.
Set down your bags and unwind in one of the 917 comfortable rooms, complete with room service, coffee makers and free newspapers. For entertainment, you'll appreciate the flat-screen TV, and other amenities include free local calls and desks.
This resort has 3 outdoor pools, a garden and a fitness center. Lift your spirits with a drink at the sports bar or sit down to a meal at The Market, one of 2 restaurants, which serves American cuisine and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A gift shop/newsstand, conference space and a business center are other features.
Stretch your travel dollars with free WiFi in rooms and public areas, along with a shopping center shuttle.
Town and Country San Diego
The 8-tower, 10-story Town and Country San Diego is adjacent to the Riverwalk Golf Course and the San Diego Trolley Station. Downtown San Diego is within 6 miles (10 kilometers).
Adjacent to Fashion Valley Mall, guests will find beauty salons, a gift shop, 3 outdoor swimming pools, and complimentary weekday newspapers.
For entertainment, guests can take advantage of preferred tee times at the adjacent Riverwalk Golf Club, take golf lessons, or lounge on the sunning deck after a drink at the poolside bar, explore numerous garden areas, go kayaking nearby, or visit one of the two restaurants or bars.
The conference center has 30 meeting rooms. A computer station and WiFi and wired Internet are available (included in resort fee).
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free shopping center shuttle
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 30
- Year Built 1953
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Pool sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 23690
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 255000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 917
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of buildings/towers - 8
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pools
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Room service (limited hours)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- Free local calls
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Free newspaper
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
The Market - This casual café features kid's menus and patio dining. Specialties include salads, sandwiches, and sundaes. Open daily.
Charlie's - This sports bar is open offers burgers, BBQ, pizzas, dart boards, pool tables, and a multi-screen TV. Features a variety of local microbrews. Open nightly.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can make use of the hotel's outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 30 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 18.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Shuttle service
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 35.00 (subject to availability)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- Town & Country Resort
- Town Country Resort
- Town Country Resort San Diego
- Town Country San Diego
- Town And Country Hotel San Diego
- Town Country San Diego Hotel
- Town Country Resort Convention Center
- Town Country San Diego Resort
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.