Hotwire Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel3-star hotel in Downtown Salt Lake City
Popular property highlights
Where You'll Stay
Book a room at Hotel RL Salt Lake City and you'll be right in Downtown Salt Lake City within 2 miles of popular sights like Clark Planetarium and Salt Lake Temple. Sights like Temple Square and Tabernacle are also close to this ski hotel. Courthouse Station is 0.5 mi away for added convenience.
Step into one of the 394 pleasant rooms, where you can take advantage of pillowtop beds, free bottled water and coffee makers. For your enjoyment, flat-screen TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include microwaves and refrigerators.
Providing a perfect base for exploring Salt Lake City, this hotel offers free bike rentals, a seasonal outdoor pool and a picnic area. Take it easy with a drink at the lobby lounge or grab a bite at The Restaurant, one of 2 restaurants, which serves American cuisine and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other features include a fitness center, a spa tub and conference space.
Stretch your travel dollars with free WiFi in rooms and public areas, along with a roundtrip airport shuttle.
Hotel RL Salt Lake City
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout Hotel RL Salt Lake City. Complimentary transportation is provided to the airport and downtown Salt Lake City. A men's barbershop is on site. The hotel offers 2 restaurants and lounges, including a restaurant and a lounge in the lobby.
Recreational amenities include fitness equipment, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Luggage storage is available. Nearby, guests can enjoy 332 ski runs, serviced by 32 ski lifts. There is a nearby ski shuttle, as well as ski lessons and equipment rental.
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 13
- Express check-out
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1022
- Ski storage
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 11000
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 394
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 12
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Number of bathrooms -
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
The Restaurant - This restaurant features modern American fare with a Pacific Northwest twist. Healthy dishes that highlight contemporary local cuisine is the focus of this restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is available; this restaurant also has a lounge.
Victrola Coffee Roasters - This coffee house offers delicious caffeinated brews. Set up your laptop, take a cup to-go, or relax with friends.
Per Utah State Law, alcoholic beverages in the restaurant and bar facilities are only available with food purchase. Liquor and wine are available until 12 AM, select beers available until 1 AM.
In the evening you can catch a show at the Living Stage, a recently launched on-site venue featuring local artists and performers. Sit back and swap stories with other guests while you enjoy the laid-back atmosphere.
Nearby Things to Do
This Salt Lake City hotel's splash pool is open seasonally, and the spa tub is available year-round. Seven world-class ski resorts are within an hour's drive of the hotel. The nine-hole Nibley Park Golf Course is less than five miles away, and 18-hole Wingpointe Golf Course is seven miles away, 18 holes; both are public.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Golfing nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10.0 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 15 per accommodation, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 25.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 10 per day
- Extended parking fee: USD 10 per day
- Pet fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per stay
- Early check-in fee: USD 50.00 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.0 per night
- Hotel RL Red Lion Salt Lake City
- Red Lion Salt Lake Downtown
- RL Red Lion Salt Lake City
- Hotel RL By Red Lion Salt Lake City Utah
- Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah
- RL Salt Lake City
- Hotel RL Salt Lake City
- Red Lion Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Red Lion
- Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown
- Hotel RL Red Lion
We should mention
The seasonal pool will be open from June to September. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.