Hotwire Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star hotel in Center City
Popular property highlights
Where You'll Stay
Stay in Center City at Philadelphia 201 Hotel and you'll be within a 15-minute walk of popular sights like Pennsylvania Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market. This business-friendly hotel is also within a short walk of Academy of Natural Sciences and City Hall. Race Vine Station is 0.3 mi away for added convenience.
Set down your bags and unwind in one of the 756 comfortable rooms, complete with room service, pillowtop beds and WiFi. For your enjoyment, flat-screen TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include premium bedding and coffee makers.
Providing a perfect base for exploring Philadelphia, this hotel offers WiFi in public areas, an indoor pool and limo/town car service. Grab a bite at Terrace, which serves breakfast and lunch. You'll find other features like a fitness center, a gift shop/newsstand and conference space.
Philadelphia 201 Hotel
Ideally situated in Center City and located within walking distance of most of Philadelphia's top attractions, including the Franklin Institution and the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Philadelphia 201 Hotel is the perfect location for seeing all that the city has to offer.
Recently redesigned, this hotel features upgrades to the indoor pool, 55,000 square feet of meeting space and the state-of-the-art fitness center. Also available are comfortable, spacious accommodations and several delicious on-site dining options.
Dining options at the Philadelphia 201 Hotel consist of a casual American restaurant, a seafood restaurant, and a lobby bar serving snacks and cocktails. The hotel's fitness center has treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights, strength-training equipment, and locker facilities.
The hotel's 55,000 square feet of meeting and event space include 20 meeting and conference rooms, a rooftop ballroom, and a business center provides high-speed Internet access and printing (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby and other public areas.
Whether it's for work or play - or perhaps a bit of both - property staff look forward to hosting guests visit at Philadelphia 201 Hotel.
Pets up to 49 pounds are permitted.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 55004
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 756
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 26
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
The Terrace - A casual lobby restaurant offering American fare for breakfast and lunch. Children's menu available.
Phillips Seafood Restaurant - Serves seafood and regional cuisine. Specialties include Maryland-style crab cakes and the clam bake for two. Open for dinner only.
Lobby Bar - Beer, wine, cocktails, and snacks are served from early afternoon until late evening.
Room Service - Available for dinner 5-11 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
In addition to an indoor lap pool, guests enjoy a fitness center with free weights, cardio and strength-training equipment.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
- 1 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 25.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per stay
- 201 Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Philadelphia 201
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Book a stay in a "Junior Suite" or a "Club Room" room category and receive Club Lounge access (inclusive of evening hors d'oeuvres and beverage options) and breakfast at Local restaurant in hotel lobby.
Must book "Junior Suite," "Club Room, Business Lounge Access, City View," or "Club Room, King Bed" room category to receive benefits. Full details provided at check-in. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.