Get an overview of this hotel4-star Chicago hotel in The Loop
Popular property highlights
Where You'll Stay
Just minutes from Chicago Theatre, Hard Rock Hotel Chicago is in The Loop and within a 10-minute walk of Millennium Park. This business-friendly hotel is also within a short walk of Art Institute of Chicago and Chicago Cultural Center. Randolph-Wabash Station is 0.2 mi away for added convenience.
Set your bags down and relax in one of the 381 impressive rooms, complete with room service, pillowtop beds and WiFi. You'll also appreciate the wired Internet, premium bedding and first-run movies.
This hotel offers WiFi in public areas, spa services and a health club. Sip a drink while dining at Mr. Browns Lounge, which serves lunch and dinner. You'll find other features like a gift shop/newsstand, a 24-hour business center and conference space.
Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Across from downtown's Millennium Park, on the Magnificent Mile, this rock-themed hotel occupies the richly restored Carbide and Carbon Building, a 1929 Art Deco beauty built by Daniel and Hubert Burnham (sons of the great Chicago architect Daniel Burnham).
The hotel blends eye-catching, contemporary decor with original Art Deco details, including brass elevator doors on the main floor. The gift shop sells a wide array of Hard Rock mementos, including classic T-shirts and celebrity-created couture brands.
Guests can enjoy the Jamaican cuisine at Mr. Browns Lounge. In-room dining is available for late night hours, and the hotel's business center and fitness center is open for 24 hours. Business amenities also include 8,400 sq feet (780 sq meters) of meeting space among 9 small and large meeting/conference rooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. Parking is available on-site for a surcharge.
Through Hard Rock Hotel Chicago's Fender "Picks" program, guests can select from a variety of Fender guitars, Boss Micro BR Amps, and high-def Monster headphones (available at the front desk) to enjoy a jam session during their stay.
This is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for smoke-free violations.
Guests can enjoy the hotel's "Sound of Your Stay" program as well, which features a complimentary iTunes playlist with the sounds of Hard Rock.
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Billiards or pool table
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 9
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1929
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 780
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 8400
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 381
- Number of floors - 40
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 13.50 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 13.50 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 13.50 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 13.50 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Microwave (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- First-run movies
Where to Eat
Mr. Browns Lounge - Dine on traditional Jamaican dishes to reggae beats.
Room service - Available during limited hours
Chuck's - Closed as of 11/1/17
Nearby Things to Do
The Hard Rock's lower-level fitness center, open 24 hours, offers treadmills and elliptical trainers with individual TV monitors, along with free weights and other equipment.
Millennium Park, across the street, has walking paths amid gardens and extraordinary public art. Two blocks away, Lake Michigan is popular for boating, sailing, and canoeing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
Hard Rock Hotel Chicago offers 2 private massage treatment rooms to handle guests' relaxation and rejuvenation needs. Facials, massages, and nail treatments are provided by appointment. Guests wishing to enjoy a spa treatment in the comfort of their room can arrange a private appointment for an additional charge.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.50 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.50 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.50 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 13.50 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per day
- Late check-out fee: USD 50
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per day
- Chicago Hard Rock
- Chicago Hard Rock Hotel
- Chicago Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Chicago
- Hard Rock Chicago Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Hard Rock
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hotel Hard Rock Chicago
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.