Get an overview of this hotel5-star Boston hotel in West End
Where You'll Stay
Just minutes from Massachusetts General Hospital, The Liberty, a Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston is in West End and within a 15-minute walk of Museum of Science. This luxury hotel is also within a short walk of The Freedom Trail and Boston Common. Charles-MGH Station is 0.1 mi away for added convenience.
Step into one of the 298 luxurious rooms, where you can take advantage of sofa beds, minibars and 24-hour room service. Don't miss the Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforter and free bottled water.
This hotel offers a nightclub, limo/town car service and a fitness center. Dining options include 2 restaurants, and the 4 bars/lounges are great spots to lift your spirits. In addition, you'll find conference space, a business center and concierge services.
Take advantage of the free WiFi and wired Internet in public areas.
The Liberty, a Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
Located at the foot of Beacon Hill, The Liberty, a Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston comprises a richly restored 1851 building (formerly the Charles Street Jail) and a new 16-story tower. Soaring 90 feet, the lobby was formerly the jail's atrium and features the original three-story arched windows and dramatic catwalks. The jail's former exercise yard is now a beautifully landscaped courtyard.
Opened in 2007, The Liberty is one block from both the Charles River Esplanade and Massachusetts General Hospital. A "T" public-transit stop is right outside the hotel. The Massachusetts State House, with its magnificent dome, is a half-mile away. Attractions within 1.5 miles include the Museum of Science, Boston Common, the Public Garden, the aquarium, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and the Old North Church.
Guests of The Liberty are welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine. CLINK., the hotel's acclaimed restaurant, features small plates, wines by the glass, and signature cocktails. Seating is beneath the soaring lobby rotunda or in the dining area by an original jail cell. The Alibi bar is a Boston hotspot, with drinks and light fare served amid vestiges of the jail (including brick cell walls) or out on the private garden patio with sunset views.
There are concierge services, tours/ticket assistance, luggage storage, and a safe-deposit box located at the front desk. Dance the night away at the nightclub or enjoy the terrace. Have a business function in one of the 10 meeting rooms. The entire hotel is smoke-free.
- Number of bars/lounges - 4
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Year Built 1851
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 298
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- LCD TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Sofa bed
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Number of bathrooms -
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
CLINK. - An open kitchen, butcher block tables, and gold leather seats amid vestiges of original jail cells. Creative menu fusing European culinary tradition with contemporary American innovation.
Scampo - Contemporary space serving Italian cuisine with global influences, house-made breads baked in a tandoori oven, pastas, and entrées.
Alibi - Located on the entry level and set in the old “drunk tank” of what was the Charles Street Jail. celebrity mug shots on the walls. Cocktails and late-night snacking. Outdoor, off-street patio with sunset views. Open every evening until late.
Liberty Bar - Located within the 90-foot lobby rotunda of the hotel. Extensive wine and cocktails list features house-infused liquors and tasty treats like Veal Sliders and addictive Spicy Mixed Nuts.
Catwalk - Housed on a catwalk encircling the lobby's rotunda with stunning views. Serving a dinner and bar menu featuring a selection of items including Baked Oysters Casino with Butter, Shallots and Bacon; Mushroom Sliders on Brioche with Cream Cheese and Sherry; and a twist on the classic with Ralph's Potato Chips with Smoked Truffle Salt.
Room service - Available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The Liberty's fitness center is open 24 hours a day.
One block from the hotel, a footbridge leads to the Charles River Esplanade, a paved riverside path ideal for walking and jogging.
The recreational activities listed below are available at the hotel or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Destination fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Liberty Hotel Starwood
- Liberty Hotel Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel Boston
- Liberty Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
- Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel Boston
- Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel
- Liberty Luxury Collection Boston
- Liberty Luxury Collection
- Liberty Starwood Luxury Collection Boston
- Liberty Starwood Luxury Collection
- The Liberty Hotel A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
- Liberty Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel Boston
- Liberty Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel
- Liberty Marriott Luxury Collection Boston
- Liberty Marriott Luxury Collection
- The Liberty a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel Boston
- The Liberty a Luxury Collection Hotel Boston
- Liberty riott Collection Bost
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.